The introductory blog – what to write, what to write, right? It’s ironic because I’m seldom at a loss for words. You know that person – Toby Keith sings it best in his song, “I Wanna Talk About Me”
I keep thinking of Charlotte’s Web, especially the first encounter between Charlotte and Wilbur:
“And then, just as Wilbur was settling down for his morning nap, he heard again the thin voice that had addressed him the night before.
“Salutations!” said the voice. Wilbur jumped to his feet. “Salu-what?” he cried.
“Salutations!” repeated the voice.
“What are they, and where are you?” screamed Wilbur. “Please, please, tell me where you are. And what are salutations?”
“Salutations are greetings,” said the voice. “When I say ‘salutations,’ it’s just my fancy way of saying hello or good morning.”
– E.B. White, Charlotte’s Web
My name is Beth Malbon, and no Beth is not short for Elizabeth, it’s just Beth. I was named after the character in the book, Little Women. My last name, Malbon, is loosely translated to “bad good.” So, I guess that makes me: Just Beth Bad Good. 😉 LOL
I am a down to earth tomboy, with a compassionate heart for most living things. Most, because if I see a tick, I’m not going to think twice about sending it on its way into the fireplace or down the toilet – good riddance! 😂
- Reading – I think I read about one novel per week, and I absolutely love mystery thrillers!
- Writing – I used to write in my journal daily, but now mostly blogs and poetry. Although I have written short stories too.
- Listening to Music – I love many genres: country, rock, easy listening, and Christian. I would definitely not be able to survive, opposite of Arethra Franklin’s ‘I Will Survive,’ without my tunes! Music helps me to unwind. Lindsey Stirling is fabulous for this! 🙂🙃
- Photography – I recently started taking pictures of flowers, bugs, and crawling things and amazed at the detail the iPhone can pick up
- My pets – two dogs and one cat
- Jewelry – I love creating jewelry; it is an expressive outlet for me.
Notice there is no TV mentioned? It’s because I don’t watch TV. The television is overrated in my book. It leaves nothing to the imagination! I thank my parents for instilling in me the value of books vs TV.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I enjoy a good movie from time to time! 🙂 My all time favorite movie is AVATAR!
Read all about Blur and her adventures.
Last Chance Lance
Lance has since passed on. 😭 You can read all about him here.
Halo, My Golden Shadow
Want to know more about this little cutie? You can find her story here.
Aby was a feral living in a cat colony along the wetlands of highway 101. The Audubon Society was euthanizing these cats in hopes to save the birds. Cat rescue groups began to save the cats. One cat rescue lady heard I needed a cat for my increasing rodent population.
I ended up taking two cats in, siblings. But the boy cat escaped my enclosure. Aby was laying in a cuddle bed. She was so scared, and very small. So, I covered her and brought her inside, upstairs with my other two cats, A’more and Madeline.